Wednesday

Some Good, Some Bad

I actually enjoyed watching Ghost Town on DVD. Even though it was pretty close to that Eva Longoria ghost-thingy -movie, included dentist humor and Tea Leoni with some ghost whispering, I liked it enough to have a big surprise at the almost-end (actually me and J went WTF at that point, damn those movie bus drivers!!). This one I could actually buy on DVD rather than rent.

Another good surprise was Mirrors, starring Mr 24.. At some point it was so creepy I had to pause for awhile. The weirdest thing was, there were some creepy images I can't shed out of my mind for a couple of days. The creepiest part in the film was after I watched it, because I got freaked out by a reflection in the window that had a human in it. Of course, it was the TV and Ghost Town on it, but it was enough to make me go goose-bump all over.

Now the bad.. The Duchess. I don't mind period dramas but this definitely was Keira Knightley on one too many of that genre. She needs to do something else than wear a corset and either silly bonnets or stupid hairdos. I didn't like the movie most of its part. Even the guy (Dominic Cooper of Sense and Sensibility on BBC - I think) Georgina falls in love with has been in one too many period dramas. The only thing I ended up watching was the fabric of the dresses and the sets and sceneries of the film. The rest was wayyyyy too much Keira. Keira please, DO SOMETHING ELSE, like a good shoot-out with a hard-boiled toughguy. No more corset dramas, please. For some reason, I like Aidan McArdle, who plays Sheridan, I haven't seen him much, but I liked the BBC mini Jane Eyre, in which he played John Eshton the twin researcher. This guy could do a couple more corset dramas, I think.