Monday

"When in Rome, do as the Romans do"

Every time we travel somewhere we are warned not to do certain things. Such as show leg in public when visiting certain Islamic countries, show the bottoms of our feet to someone.. When we move to Egypt, we keep ourselves from breaking their laws and insulting their beliefs... In Saudi-Arabia, I would not dare show skin below my neck.

My country has been accepting immigrants in a rather minimal amount. We don't get much of the trouble as do countries like the UK, Sweden or France.. My country has to build mosques in order to help refugees to cohabilitate to the society (isn't that the way they are taught to keep to themselves instead of getting to know their new surroundings)... The immigrants who are coming here demand more monetary support, more places for them to hang out, more understanding, more.. more and more.. They are fed by taxpayers, their clothes are paid by taxpayers, their children are educated and then they go back to their own country. I reckon that's stealing. They get everything and give nothing in return. At least they should have the decency to try living here after they are given a life.

And we are blamed to be racist, stupid and unforgiving nation. In my country, most of the refugees drive better cars then half of the nation and they wear designer clothes. Let's face it, it's not the poorest and the ones most in danger who come here, since they wouldn't have any money to buy their flight in.. Still they demand... because they have "suffered". What, a flight here and the time bureucracy takes?

What about the crimes then? At one point, 46% of the refugees had committed a crime of some sort, most of them being stealing.. That's a big deal in a country where most of the crimes are committed by foreigners. And what do they get for committing crimes? A pat on the head and subtle "No, that's a bad boy"..

If it's true that homo sapiens sapiens came from africa, how come we are feeding them? How come our doctors are the best ones? How come we police the world? They have had more time to evolve, to make things, to invent things and still it's this way?

Yes, I'm a racist. But hold that anger of yours.. I want to explain myself.. I'm not a racist in the crude meaning of the word. My best friend was of korean descent. I had the biggest crush ever on an African born boy. The Palestinian boy in our school was the nicest ever.. Those days I was ashamed for the ones who were called racist. Until I realized what was really going on and how many things are *bleeped* up in the world..

My racism doesn't go to the extremes, though. I do approve taking in refugees. I do approve refugees being taught their own languages at our school. I do approve working or studying refugees who at least TRY to get into the society. That's not racism.

Here's the racist part: I do not approve crime committing, lazy, cheating, wife-beating dogs. I don't want them in my county and would send them back without a thought. But because of organizations such as Amnesty, they are kept here.

War is a good excuse to do stuff. "I come from the war zone I must be understood" When my country was in war, the people who fled were doing shitty jobs, trying not to step on anyone's toes and doing what they were told to do because they understood it's a different country and their ways must be respected... Most of them have grandchildren who don't know a word of their grandparents language. Most of them got education in their new country and stayed there as tax payers - as a part of the society..

So how did I become a racist?
The change in me started happening when I happened to witness three somali boys attacking an old woman when I was 13. Adding, hearing two Iraqi guys conversing on what they could do to me because I'm a white, christian born woman thus worth nothing when I was 16. Or that turkish man offered a sum of money worth 100 euros to buy me for a night when I was visiting Turkey in 1994.. Or the fact that not having sex with a somali guy after he bought me a drink gave him right to call me a whore. My dislike over middle-Easterns rose, after reading books like Sold!, The Princess (Trilogy) etc. The last bit was seeing the movie Black Hawk Down. Though I realized it was just a movie and probably a bit one-sided story, I'll never forget the anger I felt that day walking out of the theatre. Or currently, hearing gay people being hung because of a misspelled line of code in their DNA.

Tell me.. why could a Roman woman in 100AC have a right to inherit her fortune, have a place in the society and her opinions heard and appreciated when an English woman didn't have the right to her own body in 1779? Or how did the Romans appreaciate and teach their children honest, truthful and able citizens without constant beating, but the English children didn't have value more than a dog sometimes in the 1700?