Tuesday

Remember Me And I Shall Live Forever

Thomas Young deciphered the first comprehensible word of the Rosetta Stone: Ptolemy. A name of Alexander the Great's general, Ptolemy. As we all know, the basis of understanding the ancient Egypt, was on that stone.

The French man, Champollion or something, whose name I can't even pronounce (or write) discovered the name Ramesses and finally cracked the code. He was awarded the first professure of egyptology in the world and he died knowing he would be remembered.

When you meet someone whose language you don't understand and who does not understand you, you exchange names and that's the beginning of understanding and friendship.

When a child is given a name, he or she becomes the part of the society.

When you are mentioned the name Alexander and if you're taught history, you know who it is that is spoken of.

Or Beethoven..

"Remember me for what I have done and I shall never die."

I've done nothing in my life, no useful theories, no beautiful composings, no literary works.

So I'll just leave a tomb stone behind me and in 200 years, someone will walk by and not even look at it..

It sucks to be a nobody.