Thursday

A Note To A Sick One

Hi,

I'm sorry you got sick. I don't know what caused it but I know I'm one of the reasons. I know we have a lot of microbes that itch, burn and cause sickness, but you had the biggest and deadliest.

So, you will die. We, all of us, tend to hope you'll know when it comes and you'll try to fix yourself on your own, but I'm afraid you can't. Not as long as the people around you won't do anything to help.

You're so beautiful. From the outside you're perfect. There are some marks of hard existence on your surface, but that only makes me like you even more. You're the only round one people will never call fat :)

You're my mother, my father, the giver of life. I'm sorry your life is at an end - too soon to be called fair. I was hoping it wasn't a sickness caused by people but something that couldn't be changed. And here it is, after so many years, it has caught you.

We, your children will kill you unless you kill us first. Please do that. Most of us don't deserve life anyway. But if you can, please find a way to not to destroy the other living things. They can't help themselves. We could, but won't.

I'm sorry, Earth, in behalf of some seven billion different stupid, selfish, arrogant viruses on your surface. You should have thought twice.