Saturday

The N Word

I don't get it.

What's wrong with the word nigger? In my country, it was used to define a certain group of people, like, since day one Africa was found and IT WAS NOT RUDE. It was a definition and at occasions, it was found cute. Then they started immigrating and suddenly it became offensive.

What if we told the black people it's racist to call us "white" or refer to our skin color in their speech? Isn't it more rude to use the terms black and white than using a word that they use to define themselves?

I think the use of the word "coloured" is wrong. They are not coloured, as if white is the default and they would be coloured.

I want to meet just one black person who doesn't claim every misfortune they have on "white people" being racist. No matter what you say or do, even if it's the undeniable truth, you're a racist, because that doesn't suit them.

I won't deny the trouble they have gone through because of "white" people, but hey, women have had full human rights for just a bit longer than black people. What do you think of that? If a man is chosen to a job, can I claim it's racism?

The definition of racism has gone bonkers. These days you're a racist if you speak the truth. Because the truth is inconvenient to some people.

If the "black" people have so much trouble living where they live, they might be welcome in the country they originated from. I'm so sick and tired having to be careful of every word I say in front of a black person (or other race people). Not because I'm afraid I might say something offensive, but because you don't know what will be the word they might find racist today.