Wednesday

Memory

I just remembered a song I used to like very much. I was in love with a guy whose last name is close to "happinesville". In those days, I was seeing a guy I liked very much and ended up dating him for a year or so, but this one was a trophy I won. Me and a friend of mine were both interested in this Happinesville guy, but back then I was young and thin and she was more like me today. I didn't actually want that guy in the beginning, it was all about the competition, but when I visited his place for the first time and he was so shyly telling me that he'd been watching me for ages and hoping that I'd see him too.... Well, I chose the other guy.

Today I remembered the song he wanted me to hear. We danced the song on our first date. Usually I don't put the whole lyrics here, but I think I'll make an exception this time. For the memories. The tune of the moment is (I wish I heard it):

Cue - Burnin'

I don't think I know you,
don't think I ever will
Am I in love with you,
Well I don't know still
It may sound strange
but I'm warning you
I may not be that nice

Maybe baby I
'm a heart breaker
heart breaker
heart of ice

But I'm burnin'burnin'
'cos you set my soul on fire
Girl, I dont know what I'll do
'Cos I'm burnin'
I'm burnin'
I'm burnin' with desire

Yes I'm burnin'
and it's all because of you

We can't be together
I'm not that kind of a guy
I'll be gone and lost forever
and you won't know why
Don't get me wrong
I'm only warning you
you'd be on your own