Friday

And About The Sims 3

After a pretty extensive gameplay of Sims 3  I can say a few things..

The bad things:

  • A.I. - Not good. Not good at all. (They still are idiots.)
  • Music: Gets on your nerves. (It's too simmified)
  • Unpassable intro (there's a mod for that, thank heavens)
  • Stupid launcher system (which you can pass, thank heavens)
  • Too ugly default people (people aren't really that ugly, not even the ugly ones and not all black people have puffy lips, large noses and flat forehead)
  • Too stupid names (What cruel person would give their kids THAT kind of names anyway?)
  • Ridiculous save times (even with all patches it takes me 2 hours to save a town with 30 families)
  • Patches (make half ready and then patch? Not a decent thing to do)

The good things:

  • There's something to the game that makes me play it
  • World Adventures - awesome! (minus the fact that there are no hotel rooms etc)
  • The scenery
  • Mods

Still waiting for:

  • Makin' Magic
  • Pets
  • Apartments

But the fact is: without people who make mods to remove stupidities or add things, the game would suck. Big time.

Even though people on More Awesome Than You are rude as hell and way too much in love with themselves, you might want to check whatsitsnames Awesome mod. It has saved me from so many days of killing off my sims because of the stupid things they do. Don't read anything they write, just read the manuals that come with what you download and you don't get pissed off at them. I even considered donating to the site they keep, but then I figured that I better not, I dont' want to support that kind of behavior.

But, like we learned from Stan, it's always a choice between a douche and a turd sandwich.