Monday

Do you think there're people on other planets?

"The Universe is a pretty big place... And the one thing I know about nature is it hates to waste anything. So I guess I'd say if it is just us, an awful lot of space is going to waste."

The movie Contact is one of my favorites for a long time. I read the script today just to spend my time between calls to the doctor. I've had this weirdy lump in my belly and on friday it started to hurt. I mean really hurt. So I went to the doctor's today and they didn't get an appointment. Their "books were full". I got an appointment on 21th September and 'til then I've just going to have to wait. What if my appendix decides to blow up in the mean time? Am I going to die? Some have died while waiting.

It's silly, I know. Only a few die. But anyway.

Gives me the creeps.

After our break- up two weeks ago, we've been trying to cope. I can't help it, though, that I keep having break-up -dreams night after night and I've been thinking if it would have been better for me to just take the first available apartment and get my butt out of his life for good.

I heard such things about his mind and the things he does, that I couldn't believe what I was hearing. That reminded me of how little we know about each other anyways. Well, what I know about him, mainly. I tell him everything - I even showed him this blog but he just kept letting me outside. Maybe that was the problem anyways. I've given him a 100% of my being and I don't even know how much he's given me.

It seems like an awful waste of time.

" I was given something wonderful.
Something that changed me. A vision
of the universe that made it
overwhelmingly clear just how tiny
and insignificant -- and at the same
time how rare and precious we all
are. A vision... that tells us we
belong to something greater than
ourselves... that we're not -- that
none of us -- is alone."