Friday

Beautiful Winter

Oh, until after Christmas, it mostly rained. The weather was gray.. I was so longing for winter, a proper one with everything nice included, like snow. Now I have it. Everything is covered with snow, and now that the Sun is showing itself a bit more everyday, it's so beautiful to wake up. The only thing I want to complain ('cause you always have to complain) is how cold it is. They predicted a nice -26 (centigrade), and I think it's a bit too much.. you can go outside only if you wear something that looks like you're trying to reach the South Pole. But I don't really mind. The view from our bedroom window is amazing: I can see kilometer after kilometer of tree line, hills and sky. It's amazing!

I heard one American exchange student complain why a snow day doesn't cancel school or close shops. It barely snowed fifteen centimeters that day! He said they close schools for that. That's nuts... I get it if snows for nine days, and fifteen centimeters each day - at least, but this? Or then us Finns have some bolts loose in our head. We consider walking to school knee deep in snow perfectly normal, and it only stops the old folks or people who commute by bike. Of course, the people in the southern part of the country suddenly forget they don't live in tropical environment when it snows a little. They also usually forget how to drive a car. But the rest of us, we manage quite well, despite of the "snow chaos!" -headlines the papers make after a bit of snow.

Oh, and I quit playing Sims 3. It's crazy how badly it's done. It requires so much resources from a computer. I already have a high-end computer, with fast hard drives in RAID, and still the game lags. And I also think that I have reached my limit of seeing useless stuff being sold for way too much money. And they STILL don't have weather in Sims 3, which sucks. I want snow, thunder, rain, hurricanes...