Wednesday

Goodbye Nokia, Welcome... what?

So, I gave up my Nokia. Because of them moving all the production from Finland to China. The Finns are losing a lot of jobs because of this China-phenomenon. Plus Nokia has Elop running it. And it's connected with Microsoft. And it rejected Android.

I've always (well, almost always, I had a Samsung once for a few months until it broke) had a Nokia phone, for almost 14 years now. I've never had to take a phone to warranty service and I've never had problems.

I've had a ZTE Blade for a few weeks now - and it's already gone to warranty service. It has the worst adapters, battery and capacitive display - but hey, it's a €100 phone. My last phone, a Nokia N958GB (which is back in service now that my Blade is having some work done), cost a bit under €600 and I was perfectly happy with it. Not that price says anything.. My cheap Nokias have NEVER needed any extra maintenance. I've never had a Nokia break, I've just always bought a new one.

But, as Nokia betrayed the Finns, I might as well buy some other brand. I've been having wet dreams about Samsung Galaxy S, but all our money goes to the mortgage now.