Monday

I Don't Need Piracy Info or Forced Commercials

These days when you buy a DVD, you get all sorts of little "extras" on the DVD (or blu-ray) .. You might spend €25 to buy a one-disc movie or more if a bonus DVD is included... Right after you've read the disclaimer, you get a stupid "buying pirated dvd:s is stealing, stealing is against the law" -ad which you cannot skip or fast forward. If you don't get this one, you've forced to watch upcoming releases (like in the 30 Days of Night DVD WHICH I LEGALLY BOUGHT!) that you cannot skip either. I buy movies on DVD, I go to see them in the movies, I rent movies, so WHY AM I FORCED to watch piracy ads on a dvd? Why am I forced to watch upcoming release adverts when I already paid for that DVD? It would be different if the DVD was free and ad-funded, but when I pay for something I don't expect to pay to see adverts!

Do the releasers actually believe that pirates (copier or rippers) would rip that into their productions?! Ha! The only one who suffers here is the one who paid money to buy that. The ones who share their ripped stuff, they remove both annoyances. That is definitely not something that would encourage people to buy their DVD's rather than download them FREE from the P2P -networks..